The future's so bright I gotta wear shades

Had my first dose of sun in about 4 weeks today. Blinded by the light I wore shades. 2hrs in the sun. Getting fitter, moving forward, the future feels bright. Thankfully I've no niggles and am able to train sensibly. I don't really have any anecdotes from this week other than people questioning why I am doing so much running. To people who don't run, it might seem odd that you might go out in the rain, wind and harsh winter weather for 2hrs or more at a time. When asked 'Are you doing it for anything in particular?' I just say 'Yes, I'm training for the Mexborough fun run!' They think I'm serious and that's fine with me. The real answer is that I am training to be a world class masters marathon runner. Non-runners won't understand that, or see any purpose to my pursuit, but I enjoy getting fit, racing and getting the most from my training. 

The future does seem bright. I start racing as a masters runner, I start a new job and I'm looking forward to bringing in the New Year.

I'll keep training for the Mexborough fun run. These 100+ mile weeks should get me in shape. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is coming

First Post

Positive Thinking