Two's Company

This morning I did my first run in company for a few months. I'd put a message on the club's message board inviting people to join me for a run to try and set up a Sunday run group. Martin James turned up and we did an easy 18 mile run, making the most of the hills. It would be nice to have someone to run with on the odd Sunday, even for 9 miles (1 lap) or 18. Having company made it much easier.

During the week I did some decent fartlek and a Saturday session. Due to wind and cold yesterday I opted to do a session of 6 x 5mins in the forest off 2mins. I did fartlek Tuesday and a 14 mile run Thursday so my week has been a decent one.

I did a short fartlek session of 6 x 2mins (see image
) and seeing as I'm not really focusing on speed and just building strength was surprised to be hitting 5min/mile and sub 5 on the efforts with a 1min jog recovery, especially seeing as some of the effort were up hills, in the rain and after a long day at work. I'm probably ready to race and it will be good to see where I am at from a hard race effort.

In terms of non-running highlights this week, I have bought a part share in a horse. Not just any horse but a horse trained by champion trainer Nicky Henderson. It's called Hurling Magic and will be doing novice hurdle races as a 4yo. I'm not a millionaire (yet) so probably only own a tooth as my part share but at least I can get owners badges, a share of race winnings and spend time at the yard. It gives me something to follow and it can be our family pet. Seeing as it's mine I should be allowed to ride it; I might make a jockey yet.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is coming

First Post

Positive Thinking